[pct-l] PCT Thru-Hiker Numbers

  Even with a larger than normal amount of hikers this coming year, the PCT
has but a drop in the bucket of what hikes the AT yearly. Last read that the
AT has 350 finishers yearly out of 2,000 attempts. I,m not sure of the normal
starters of the PCT, but would guess maybe 100 with 2 dozen finishers. (
There are more finishers on the AT than starters on the PCT hands down. )
And the CDT sees far fewer still. AT offers hikers all the peace and
remoteness as your favorite mall the week before Christmas. I don't forsee
any permit problems . ( If there was, I recomend just bootlegging your way
through an area ) Or maybe buy a permit from one of the many that the Powers
to Be throw to the horse crowd by the hundreds.