[pct-l] PCT Maps

Sorry to get off-topic with a non-stove related post, but...

I have officially begun planning next year's PCT hike, and I was wondering
what thru-hikers from previous years did about maps.  I have dutifully
purchased my PCt hikers guidebooks, with their barely-adequate maps, and
I'm not quite inspired by their quality.  I have done a bit of hiking at
various points on the AT in years past, and have been pretty happy with the
state-by-state map packs that one can buy (especially the Maine maps).  I
am an almost obsessively map-oriented person (as I suspect many
long-distance hikers are).  Having a good map is to me about so much more
than simply avoiding getting lost-- I love to know the names of all
surrounding landmarks, how far I am at any given point from any number of
other points, to know where every road or path I cross leads to, even if I
have no intention of following it. I also plan on hopping off and on the
"official" route as the inspiration strikes.  Because of this, i am willing
to spend extra $$ on decent maps.  I used the Tom Harrison High Sierra maps
on a JMT hike a few years back, and was pretty happy with them-- but that's
just one part of a long trail.
	I was wondering if a) any PCT'ers from previous years have had good
experiences with better maps than what's in the guidebooks, and b) if any
of them were interested in selling any used-but-legible maps.
	On a completely unrelated note, I was wondering if there existed anywhere
a roster of people who plan on thru-hiking in 2000.  Getting pretty excited
about the hike-- less than five months now!

Ezra Freeman