[pct-l] MSR stove soot

Kelly said:

>>I mainly have the problem (soot)with the Whisperlite when the fuel
is in the little cup on the bottom preheating the unit.<<

You can avoid this by carrying a small bottle of alcohol to prime the
stove with, rather than bleeding off a little gasoline.  Priming with
alcohol also adds greatly to the dependability of these stoves.. they
tend to clog much less frequently.  On the down side, many would see
this as just another complication, but I have found it to be
worthwhile.

. . . Kurt