[pct-l] At home alcohol test

 Just playing this morning with my trangia alcohol stove. ( lit in frontroom
fireplace area ) I measured 1 pint of water from tap and placed it in my 1
quart teapot which is painted black and is 6 inches acrossed the base. Each
minute the lid was lifted to inspect the water. Time to steam was 11 minutes
and to full boil was 11 and 13 seconds. Old optimus 8R clocked an even 9
minutes for 1 quart boiled outside in 53 degree weather with light wind in a
5 inch 2 quart OPEN pot using unleaded fuel. ( 87 octane ) To me there is no
comparison with using alcohol to unleaded fuel. The 8R weighes a whopping 22
oz's. ( big deal ) Some of the extra stove weight is offset by less fuel
used. On course, if boil times are not important and lightness is the top
issue, just buy a Zippo lighter and a tin dixie cup and call it good!!