Re: [pct-l] Cc: owner-pct-l-digest@majordomo.hack.net

I bagged 71 peaks on my hike this year.  all those peaks were quite close
to the trail, but they all offered a nice view and a few moments of
contemplation.  All were done solo as thruhikers seem to be rather
focussed, and beyond Whitney , mountains are not their focus.

Jenkins, out of Walker Pass was a nice climb.

I would take some time in Northern California, there is some interesting
looking stuff and a lot of variety. Castle crags are spectacular if
technical, but the marble mts, and some of the other ranges up there
deserve a little time if you have it.

There are probably hot springs around Lassen too that are not  far from the
trail, might be interesting to explore  around for them. Boiling Lake
really turned my head around (it is just that).

Goforth