Re: [pct-l] Stove Choices

In a message dated 11/8/99 5:52:44 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
ROYROBIN@aol.com writes:

<< No one stove does everything, and the idea of
 carrying different equipment for different parts of a thruhike doesn't apply
 only to sleeping bags or tents. >>

Or no stove for that matter.  My buddy went the first week without a stove,
the time many do not feel like eating all that much and can get by with cold
food.  The there are others that go no stove.

So far, I've always gone with a white gas stove, but I'm am seriously
considering an alcohol stove for it's simplicity.

Sly