RE: [pct-l] Clearcuts

>As to greed, while it's easy to blame all the problems on loggers and
>timber companies, it's a cheap shot. If we didn't buy it, they wouldn't cut
>it.

	Perhaps, if lumber were priced to cover the true cost to the Forest of
removing it from the land, people would buy less of it, so less would be
cut. But that would have meant less people working as timber cutters in the
recent past, but there would probably have been more jobs in the timber
industry in the future than there will be now.

		Rob