[pct-l] Gifford Pinchot trail closures

There is an article in Signpost for Northwest Trails October issue about
 restrictive trail closures in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest
Wilderness areas. This is in southern Washington.  They will be issuing
permits for one week only, and  also want to put in a permit system where we
will be waiting in line at the FS office to get permits to day hike. Also,
close many camping areas to fires on an elevational basis. (Which I agree
with).
Their website is www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/ . There is a brief synopsis there about
the proposed closures. Click on Press releases, the Wilderness Permit Info.
We have till Friday to comment. Comments should be sent to
kcannon/r6pnw_gp@fs.fed.us They have been very quiet about this. Nothing in
the paper locally.
          Carolyn---  "Have goat, will travel"
"Practical Goatpacking"