Re: [pct-l] other materials for bear-proof food storage?

>  But it sure would
>be advantageous to have a device that, unlike bear "cans" of
>any type, would at least conform somewhat to the shape of a
>backpack. Any ideas, anyone?

Besided keeping the food away from the bear, the storage container has to
be designed so that the bear can't carry it off -  the cans are too big to
fit in a bear's mouth. That is why the bear cans say to remove any straps
or slings that may have been attached for handling ease during the day.

A "soft" kevlar pouch would just get carried off. I suppose you could chain
it to a tree, but then you have to carry the chain or cable or whatever