Re: [pct-l] bears and food

Dan Rufner <drufner@ucsd.edu> wrote:

>I... anticipate tougher regulations as hikers
>sleeping with food begin to encounter problems

Are thru-hikers sleeping with food really having problems?

Has anyone on this list lost food to bears, or had a bear harass them while they have had food in their tent? If so, what were the specifics?

I'm not interested in "I saw someone else..." or "I heard about..." or "I talked to someone who..."

I don't have an opinion: I'd like to hear the real first-hand experiences of list members.

Thanx,

Hiker Girl
In the city with two names twice.
-----
This Message was sent from Cybergrrl.com <http://www.cybergrrl.com/>
Visit for free Internet Email, Forums, and Chat!