[pct-l] Bear Paybacks

There are really two types of bears, wild and trained bears. Wild bears occur
where they are not protected and still have a healthy fear of man ( which is
good for man and bear ). Trained  bears occur usually where they are
protected and have  thus have little to fear of man. This combined with bad
food management by some backpackers creates a monster. I do hang my food,
cook away from my tent and take precautions. When this fails, I say bring em
on!!! I have no love for these " Park Bears ". I carry a railroad fusee or
two which  can be dropped in a safe fireproof spot to light up area. The park
bears don't know what to think of this " red light ". Next I carry a wrist
rocket slingshot with some good steelies. One or two good zaps in the ribs
gives them the idea your not going to roll over for them. Don't be afraid to
fight for your stuff!!! This helps put alittle more fear back in them and may
make it easier on future backpackers. ( does not apply to grizzlies, just
black bears ) Animals can sense fear and anger. ( Get Angry ) If backpacker's
are just passive, the poblems WILL get worse.  Monte