Re: [pct-l] My favorite part of the PCT

It appears that there is a general rule here [not 100%] that long distance
hikers remember the people while short distance hikers remember the
scenery.

From a short distance hiker's perspective I have met almost 100% wonderful
people on the trail, some of whom could quite literally be angels [if you
believe in such], BUT what I remember is the scenery.

Most of the long distance hikers I talked with this year [and I talked to
many] and most of their journals relate stories that apply to people,
typically people helping people.

For example, most short distance hikers try to camp away from people so
that they can enjoy the beauty in solitude while most long distance hikers
will, given the opportunity, camp with a fellow long distance hiker.