[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[pct-l] Re: Favorite PCT area
My favorite PCT area? Hmmm, that's a hard
question with all of the great areas.
My list, FWIW, in no particular
- Whitewater Canyon, San Bernardino Mtns.,
A great desert canyon with a
roaring stream racing off of the side of Mt.San Gorgonio, lots of large sand
bars, sun, very different from the rest of the trail.
- Ansel Adams Wilderness Area,
A long term favorite of
mine. Some of the best scenery in the high Sierra.
- Northern Yosemite (nth of Toulumne Meadows),
The largest roadless area in California and arguably the
- Meadows near Nth and Middle Sister, Oregon
lupine, the view of the volcanoes marching north, black sand bubbling
- Eagle Creek, Columbia River Gorge area, Oregon
THE BEST waterfalls and beautiful polished black basalt gorges,
green ferns against black rock.
- Mt. Baker area, Washington
Great views of the Nth Cascades, wild, green, hot springs, rain
- Suiatle River valley and Stehekin area,
Spectacular scenery like that you see on jigsaw puzzle boxes!
- Pasayton Valley, Washington
A taste of British Columbia and the
undeveloped, untrammeled look and feel. Abundant wildlife and the
knowledge that out there somewhere are grizzly!
I'd have to say a tie between Eagle Creek and Ansel Adams
Greg "Strider" Hummel