[pct-l] AT vs PCT

This is just some more infor to pass down. The AT war stories come from a
hiker who did the AT in 1976 and lives close to that trail today. He claims
thru -hikers there are more pushy today than in 1976 with space being limited
at many of the more prized camps, Cell use is an unfair advantage in some
places. He also hiked PCT in 1977, we saw a total of 8 other hikers in the
state of Washington, a somewhat greater wildnerness experience than you will
get on the AT. Human nature as it is, 20 thru hikers will be more on a one on
one level with each other than the 350 plus thru-hiker AT mob. It,s like the
little town vs Big City story, In a little town , people know what you had
for breakfast and just about anything else about you. In a Big City, you may
not know who lives in the next apartment. ( you get the picture )  The PCT
isn,t loved to death yet, but I fear in 10 more years, it could become
another " Commuter Trail " like the AT. ( Imagine the night of the living
dead with backpacks) this is my view of today,s AT.