Re: [pct-l] website space

Daphne Dionisio wrote:

> Hi all,
>     I feel a little frustrated since I recently rebuilt the entire Make
> Your Own Outdoor Gear website (a *lot* of work) in order to move it from
> the Geocities server to the backcountry.net server.  The Geocities
> server was problematic because it was hard to make updates to the
> website using their procedure but now I have discovered that the
> backcountry.net server goes down sporadically for 5 days at a time.  I
> am getting lots of emails from people trying to access the site but
> cannot because of the server.  Anyway, I would like to move the website
> (again!) and was wondering if anyone knew where one can get free website
> space other than at Geocities and backcounty.net.  Thanks in advance.

Daphne,

    The backcountry.net site was down for the migration to the new server.  I
announced this to both the PCT and AT lists.    Your implication that I take it
down for 5 days at a time w/o reason is a little out of bounds.

    I'm not Geocities;  I run this out of my basement with equipment and telco
I pay for myself.

Ryan