[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #779

pct-l@edina.hack.net writes:

>Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 17:51:10 PDT
>From: Determined Hiker <determinedhiker@hotmail.com>
>Subject: [pct-l] surprise packages
>
>I'd like to hear how surprise packages are going.  What have others been
>sending?  Will we hear if "our" hiker got their package?   I sent
>brownies,
>cookies, chapstick, pringles, fancy coffee (instant) and a People
>magazine
>for fun.
>
>Then I was thinking that sounds like all the junk food hikers can buy at
>any
>resupply place.  Also - who wants to trash up their hiker mind with
>gossip
>from People?  I don't know.
>
>What are others doing?
>
>Mary B the lurker

HI there Mary B

I haven't heard from any recipient hikers yet.. But some had mentioned
that they would try to send thank you notes or letters.  I think the
package you sent sounds great!  When I asked hikers about the things they
would like to receive, they specifically asked for fun news--nothing
depressing. I have debated over what news to include off this list
especially if it is bad news about their fellow hikers.  I know they are
interested in hearing about how others are doing; but if it's bad news??
I've decided to hold back.
So, in response, I can't think of anything in "People" that would be
upsetting..  Perfect!  I've been looking for some hiker related jokes to
include as well.

I've been sending similar things as you. i.e cookies, chocolate, hard
candy, pudding packs, gum, flavored hot chocolate. (And also wondered
about the fact that it's probably the same things at the store)
Regardless, I am sure that they will very much appreciate it!  It's just
great to know someone out there is routing for you.

Thank you to all of you that have been contributing to this effort!
(and of course if anyone else want so join in all the fun, send me an
email!)

Laurel

LaurelM@evs-eco.com