Re: [pct-l] Shoes vs. Boots/Equip/Video

>PCTA sells a video by the McVeighs about their thruhike. They had a lot
>to learn about using a video camera, but it is still agood account. They
>did one on the CDT and the JMT as well.

Yes, I believe this is the one I saw. I still wonder how much of the
video they produced and how much was done by a "third-party". It's
been a few years since I saw it but if I recall it was mostly shot in the
third person with moving shots seeing both kids. Most at night while
praying and eating. I find it hard to believe they could do this themselves.
The video was pretty short too (30 mins?) which, if they really did shoot
their entire hike I find was to short.

If I end up filming mine, you can bet it'd be at least an hour to 2 hours
edited.

For anyone who hasn't seen the video, it *is* really nice and
worth viewing.

Jim
--
Jim Serio jim@rollercoaster.com