[pct-l] trip planning questions

Hi PCT-L folks,

         This list has been kind of quiet recently so maybe some of you
would be kind enough to help my friend Chris and I plan our upcoming hike.
We would like to do about 1000 miles starting at Tehachapi (we are not stuck
on a number, just want to do a good long trip).
We have the guidebooks and town guide and have made tentative plans, but
still have some questions we hoped the list could help with.

          If we start at Tehachapiaround June 20 we will get to the high
Sierra in early July.  How much snow should we expect?  We have ice axes,
will we need them in July? Will it be too early to climb Mt. Whitney?

        Also, I am having a little trouble figuring out the best plan to
resupply by mail after Kennedy Meadows through sections H & I, any thoughts
would be helpful.

        We plan to mail our food until we reach the Tahoe area, then take a
short break to resupply for the rest of the trip.  Any suggestions on a good
place to to stop near Tahoe where we could purchase a lot of food?

        Also this sounds like a strange question, but can anyone suggest a
natural stopping point for our trip?  As I said we want to do a long trip
+/- 1000 miles, the exact distance does not matter but it would be nice to
have a goal as a place to finish.

    thanks in advance for any help, it is difficult figuring out what is
going on in CA from NH!   We are excited for our trip and appreciate all we
have learned rom this list

Matt & Chris