[pct-l] Southern Sierra Snow

I appears to me that  the southern sierra wil be the equivilent of a "somewhat
below normal" snow year. The snowfall has actually been well below normal but is
melting late.

The three main rivers draining the southern sierra [San Joaquin, Kings, Kern]
are all expected to crest on May 26 1999, more than a month before they crested
last year. Current temperatures at southern sierra snow sensors [Tyndall,
Charlotte, Bishop] indicate that temperatures are above freezing by 8AM.

Standard disclaimers apply.