[pct-l] Hiker Report

Slyman, Snoop and Junk Yard Dog started their hike at 7:00 Saturday, April 24, planning on stopping at Hauser the first night.  These guys were with me for a couple of days and were excellent house guests.  Each of them thinks both of the others' packs are too heavy.

Trailsweep caught a standby flight and arrived too late Friday to go with us out to Campo.  I got back home at 8:30am and there was a message on my machine.  Finally linked up at the airport at 10:40.  He started his hike at the monument at 12:30, also hoping to make Hauser.  The only entry in the Trailhead register for today was Troubador, who left at 6:45.

Weather is clear and chilly (for SD) and a little bit windy out at the monument.  Each of these guys wanted me to post their thanks to those who have and will be stashing water.  Only 51 weeks until the next kickoff.  Bob Riess at the Trailhead in San Diego.