Re: [pct-l] bear canisters + bear story.

the importance of humans is a moral , religious and political
statement  that each and every person on this planet must face. Do we
stop living because of bears? do we stop feeding our families because of
bears? I recall a similar plight with the spotted owl.
Also if you have a strong believe in the Bible, you will find statements
in it, that people were sent forth and to multiply, and also being the
masters of all other living things, the God has put on the earth for man
(or  woman)
Humans populations will get larger, bears will become less, as many
animals and plants, that is a fact of life. Sad but true....
I believe if a bear, threatens my family and me, I will protect my self,
and shoot to kill. You are right about training humans, but we should
train humans, to be more in to realism and facts, not trying to save
everything else, but their self's...
Bears,  also will test you just to see how far they can go, if they can,
they will bully you. I was told this by a bear trainer,( Bart the Bear)
in Missoula Montana.