Re: [pct-l] late start+water drops

In a message dated 4/23/99 8:53:09 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Kristian.Whitsett@oberlin.edu writes:

<< I don't know how much good this post will do, but I am planning on
starting in early June from Campo.  >>

IMHO, you are setting yourself up for disappointment and probable failure by
starting from Campo that late in the year. ALL of the seasonal streams in
southern CA will be dry by then.

If your heart is set on doing a through-hike, wait until next year and get an
April start.

If you just want to hike this summer and fall, wait until June 15 and start
at Kennedy Meadows.

Enjoy what you can manage this year,
Charlie Jones