[pct-l] Resupply Status, and other things...

        Does anyone out there have the most current information on some of all of the resupply points listed in Jardine's Handbook?  For example, I remember reading something about Century 21 no longer handling parcels in Agua Dulce.  If this is the case, does someone have the address of a place that will help for '99 thru-hikers?

        This type of information would be greatly appreciated, as our time is running short and I'm trying to finalize my resupply parcels.  If you know anything about updated hours places are open, places no longer helping, new places to try that are not listed in the handbook, etc. that would be great.

        Also, I'm really stuggling with exactly when and where to plan on picking up my ice axe.  Is it the general concensus that one does not need an axe until Kennedy Meadows, or is Southern CA going to have some trouble spots (help/info from early season section hikers would be way cool)  Ditto on the picking up boots for snow.  And again, after the Sierras, when are people planning to pick up their axes (and boots) again for the snow in the Cascades?

        While we're at it, snowpack updates for ANY section of the trail, or websites to go to, would be awesome!

        I anxiously await any information someone might have on these topics!!  Thanks a million!

Tallus of Team On Fire

(Tallus and Scree, PCT '99, start May 10)