[pct-l] No support

To the Pacific Crest Trail Association:

  I have been a member of the PCTA for two years now, I have found the
association to be very helpful in providing information and I believe that the
work that has been done to maintain and protect the trail has been very
valuable.
  That is up until now.
  I am very surprised that the PCTA is not doing anything to help with the
crisis at the Hiker's Hostel on the south fork of Mission Creek.  I thought
that is what the PCTA does, protect and maintain the PCT experience.  The PCT
is not just a trail.  I hiked the PCT in 1997 and stayed at this hostel.  It
is one of my most memorable stops along the PCT.  I have never encountered
such a perfectly located hostel, and as far as I know it is the only one of
it's type along the entire route.  Everyone who has visited this oasis has
loved it.  To lose this place is to lose part of the PCT experience.
  Randy Testman has been fighting this battle on his own now for quite some
time, but he needs help.  Why won't you help?  I can't see why I would
continue to be a supporting member of the PCTA when I see you turning your
back on him and the hostel.
  If you continue to turn a blind eye to this issue, I will never support the
PCTA again, and I certainly will not encourage others to join.

Sincerely,
Wayne Smith