Re: [pct-l] Backpacker Magazine

Walt & Pat,

Whereas I don't see how having a magazine writer observe our tent evaluation on
4/17 would degrade anyone's thruhike experience, please be assured that it was
not my intention to get any publicity for thruhikers or the PCT.

I did think it was a nice idea to get publicity for Kurt Russell who has
fashioned a tent just for thruhikers and I did think it would be cool for
Backpacker to record the evaluations of thruhikers as opposed to staff reviewers
concerning this tent.

I realize, having been extensively lectured by Jim, that many thruhikers give up
a great deal to follow their dream. That is what Charlie, Greg and I are all
about this April -- helping them realize their dream. Since Kurt Russell is into
the same thing I thought that helping him would be appropriate.