RE: [pct-l] Water AvailabilityGreetings,

I'm going to be thru-hiking starting May 1 and also am curious about the
water situation.

You said to get information from people ahead of you, but I see a problem
with that:  you won't be able to read their trail register information until
*after* they've hiked the section of trail you're concerned about  (unless,
of course, you're hiking in the opposite direction).  So how can I gather
relevant trail information from earlier through-hikers *before* I get stuck
50 miles from a water source?

David Long
Seattle, WA
PCT'99 hopeful