RE: [pct-l] PCT mileages in the guide

The mileage from the data-book (basically the same as guidebooks) seemed to
be consistent for the whole trail. That's my impression based on hiking
times. There were a few exceptions were I really started to think they were
inaccurate, but that was only short stretches (a mile or three) in some
places.

There were also some parts (often climbs/descents) that seemed to take
forever because the trail was much rougher than you get used to. One of the
"worst" parts was about 15 to 50 miles north of Toloumne Meadows (never get
that name right).

What surprised me most was how easy it was to keep the mileage up in most of
the Sierras. That was in September without snow and river crossings. It also
make me want to come back and have enough time to really appreciate that
area...

Svein