Re: [pct-l] Lightweight Backpacking?

TR wrote:
>...to make me not believe the idea that the Sierra is so beign.

The Sierra has the most benign weather of any major mountain range in
the world.  Exaggerating the danger could lead the inexperienced to
disregard it completely.

Of course, as in any major mountain range, ultralight is not for those
who don't know what they are doing.  Many of us have seen serious
weather up there.  Since I'm not an ultralighter, I was prepared.  Since
I'm experienced, I would have known when to leave if I were an
ultralighter.

Cheers,
Jeff