Re: [pct-l] August Moon

William wrote:
>What are the conditions in the Sierras (JMT) in August and September? When
do the
>first snows arrive on the PCT in general?

I have hiked in the Sierras in the late summer, early fall for many years
and been snowed on as early as the first week in September.  However, these
early snows are usually very wet and melt off quickly and rarely accumulate
over a few inches.  Late October, early November (depending on the year) is
when it starts to fall and stay to accumulations that would prevent you
from passing through.  Standard disclaimers apply, in any given year it
could start earlier or later.

"The key to happiness in life is the proper application of drugs to
yourself and those about you"
			Timothy Leary, 1978 UCSB Speech

(I'm sorry, I was trying to adhere to the suggestion that we attach an
appropriate light quote from some open minded individual to every post to
insure the light taking of any possible misscontrued message, but this was
the only quote I could think of at the moment!)

Greg "Strider" Hummel