Re: [pct-l] Fwd: massive snowpack & climax avalanches

> << Dear Greg (& y'all can pass this on to any others crazy enough to think
>  of thruhiking thru the Cascades this year):
>
>  This is the facts, dude. La Nina has caused record-breaking
>  rainfall and snowfall in Washington State - I don't know about anywhere
>  else. >>
>
> Hmmm, more doomsday!
>
> How does anyone get this trail in, between heat, snow, fords and let's not
> forget the bears and mosquitoes, this trail would almost appear impossible?
>
> One foot in front of the other, til you can't go anymore.
>
> Five to 2655, I plan on being there!
>
> Not discouraged at all and looking foward,  Sly

If you've never hiked through an area where an avalanche has recently (like,
within the previous 6 months) blown down all the trees in a swath a hundred
yards wide and piled them up as high as your head across the trail for a
couple of hundred feet, you might want to reconsider doing the PCT this year
:-)

I've seen a couple of these, and the thought of being caught by such a
monster is not pleasant.

Either way, good luck :-)