[pct-l] Re: north lake?

The right book for this hike is Sierra South [Wilderness Press]. I once did a
writeup of the hike but I can't find it so buy the book.

How do you get there? Well, I'd fly into Vegas and rent a car. However, for
those on a limited budget there is a bus that runs along US 395 and an outfit
Mammoth Shuttle, Mammoth Cab or someone, the name keeps changing, who will drop
you at the trailhead from the bus stop -- for a price. IMLTHO a low cost car
rental would be best. You can do this really cheaply if you shop and make
reservations early. LA is an option to drive from and cars may be cheaper.