Re: [pct-l] 1 week trip

Phillips wrote:

> Hi guys- I <snip> would like to sample a week on the PCT, maybe somewhere in
> the sierras.
> Can u fine folks suggest a one week jaunt, not too strenuous, not too
> many bears, no ice axe needed, easy access, gorgeous scenery etc etc

http://www.silcom.com/~mtnimage/descript.htm

The above link is to a company which markets a product right up your alley.
They have divided the Sierra into a southern and northern section, and within
each section, they offer more than 2500 photos, full topo mapping, elevation
profiles, 100+ pre-defined trips and trailhead information.  It allows you to
"walk" a trail, stopping to look at photos taken along the way, while recording
mileage and elevation changes.  And it's a real neat way to spend time when you
find yourself trapped at home.  BTW, a great many of the pictures used along
the PCT in the southern section show a couple (presumably also acting as
photographers) who believe in lightweight backpacking.  The first time I saw
the program, I was still lugging 45 lbs. The photos helped convince me that
lighter might be worth looking into. <g>

Jeff Eckert