No Subject

I have not been backpacking in the sierras for over 20 years so I have a
few questions.  I would appreciate any help.  We would like to spend a week
in the Mt. Goddard region in the last week of June.  We will enter from the
east side (Sabrina or North Lake?).

1. Will I need to have an ice axe to cross large and steep portions of snow?

2. Should I carry a rope?

3. Is there bear trouble in that part?  If so, what is the best way to
avoid feeding them?  Has anyone had experience with homemade PVC bear-proof
food containers?

4. Will mosquitos be a problem?  I was planning on taking only a tarp for
shelter to save weight.

5.  Will the high passes be passable at that time of year (Echo col,
Keyhole, etc.)?

Thanks for your help.

Roger Koide

ROGER T. KOIDE