[pct-l]depression & nutrition

Hi List -

Haven't been reading all mail so sorry if someone has already covered
this.  Just been thinking about the trail blues in norther Calif -
thinking about how long that means hiker has been living on lousy food,
dehydrated, etc.  Thinking about some of the deficiencies correlated
with clinical depression.  Potassium is sometimes used to treat
depression, B vitamins sometimes help.  I'm thinking potassium would be
low on that hot part of the trail after a period of time and previous
trek across the desert.  It'd be interesting to find out if potassium
supplements would help.  Can't take it personally - keeps me awake and
hard on my stomach.  Any other have thoughts on this vitamin, mineral,
nutritional deficiency link to depression and hiking?

Mary