[pct-l] Re: Dave's post about starting out in April '94

Dave, you started out about a week before my spouse & I did in '94, along
with a friend John Otter & new friend Steve Budelier - and what a different
day it was!  instead of "unrelieved sun", a storm had pelted Campo with hail
the day before (4/22), and it was pouring when we reached Lake Morena the
evening of our first day.  We day-hiked that leg b/c Chuck's (the
spouse-person) mom was helping out with our shuttle & had camped out there.
But it was wet & miserable!  And the cafe, where we had planned to eat
dinner, was almost out of food - they were out of burgers & had some
lukewarm chicken noodle soup to offer! Yechh!  (That was the day I realized
that Ray Jardine's advice about using nylon stretch  tights instead of leg
raingear was a mistake...)  Rained again the next day, with snow in the
Lagunas!  Go figure!  But the chaparral was gorgeous in the snow - every
tiny branch & leaf was ornamented, and the third day's morning walk through
it was lovely, though a bit cold on the feet!

Christine Kudija
0951 Palatine Hill Road
Portland, OR  97219
503.697.7395