Re: [pct-l] wild animal deterrent

In a message dated 2/7/99 12:57:40 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
timfearn@juno.com writes:

<< 	I remember awhile back someone had mentioned using firecrackers
 to deter unwanted interest in his hanging food bag.  I saw a news clip 2
 nights ago in which farmers in thailand were using firecrackers to get
 elephants out of their fields where they do terrible damage, and it was
 working,  much better than shooting them like they used to do.  >>

I know they sell these very loud personal alarms.  Pull the pin and it sound
like a buglar alarm.  Has anyone tried these with bears?

Sly