Re: [pct-l] tents - Outdoor Snooze by Novanex

I [reluctantly and embarrasingly] admit that I [the ultimate and
unquestioned authority in lightweight tents and gear of all kind] had never
heard of these Novanex products. However I have seen other self erecting
tents and based on what I can see on their website, I can make the
following [pedantic, ubsubstantiated] observations.

1-These tents probably fold flat into a ring. Stashing a folded tent up the
back of a rucksuck might just provide the stiffness to turn the rucksack
into an internal frame pack.

2-For most of California, a noseeum tent would be perfect. Typically,
summer showers are late afternoon thundershowers. I have had a night of
rain less than 1 day in 30.

3-I don't believe that the 8 second setup time includes rigging the rainfly
for serious wind and/or rain. I suspect that the rainfly will need to be
staked to the ground in many locations under these [uncommon, unlikely]
conditions.

4-This tent will need a groundcloth [based on using nylon taffeta as a
floor]