[pct-l] Re: Bickering

re: Go be obnoxious somewhere else please.

No!

I have a rule in my company: "Your feelings are your problem!" We are a
bunch of techies that value truth and time. It takes too much time to tell
the truth politically correctly. If you read my book [exerpts from the
first edition are at WWW.CYBERLANECOMMUTER.COM] you will find that I am a
certified "rogue non-conformist", I take pride in it and I make my money by
it.

Generally people who KNOW are pedantic. "You who think you know what you
are doing really piss off those of us who really do!" Generally, pedantic
people take disagreement personally. After all, their expert status is
being questioned. Fights, bickering and being hateful are the norm when
self-styled experts argue. [Read the transcript of the California State
Legislator to see real bickering]

I am on this list to learn what self-styled experts really think about
something. Sometimes that gets heated -- and when it does real data comes
out. The person who "Really expressed to me the attitude of thruhikers" did
it in a heated response to my equally pedantic oracle that all backpackers
ought to use bear canisters in the Sierra or rot in Hell eternally.  We
exchanged lots of information in that flame war.

As far as I can tell, everybody on this list is TRYING TO HELP. I say
actions speak louder than words.