[pct-l] re: Shannon -Canyonlands Tent

Hello Shannon,
    I think a few of us  on the list would like to hear about the TNF
Canyonlands tent. It seems that the North Face may have finally realized
that their is a need for quality lightweight, one person tents, a
notch-above a bivy. I'd very much like to hear about this tent. Judging by
the ad, I think they've finally hit the nail on the head with this
no-frills tent. Could you ask the rep when they're expecting catalogs out?
The e-mail I sent may have sounded like I'm living in San Diego, but I
moved-away from my native S.D. to take a job in D.C. My wife and I are
actively distributing our resumes to return back, by the end of the year
though.

I think you'll like the idea of that door on the side when soloing. I
really miss that feature. And the tent seems light enough. I'm really
curious about the two person"Slickrock", as well. My wife and I are
flying-out to San Diego for a couple weeks in mid-April. Perhaps if I don't
see either of the tents first-hand before then, we could link-up? A dash
out to REI would be no problem. I'll keep your e-mail as a reminder.

Sincerely,
   Ken Marlow