[pct-l] Re: Water in Southern Sections

Tom Reynolds and I are collaborating on helping to shuttle people from the
L.A. area to Campo in April.  I intend to bring some large (two 5 gallon
plastic jugs) water for storage and general use at Scissor's Crossing
either on the way down or back up.  We'll post where to find them after we
place them (I might have an opportunity to place them earlier) and how they
will be marked, ie. "For general PCT hiker's use only.  Only take what you
need and leave the rest for the thirsty souls coming behind you!"

I carried two - one quart Nalgene bottles and tied a gallon plastic milk
jug onto the outside of my pack for the Southern Section.  I only carried
the jug full one day and was glad to have it.  It also came in handy at
campsites for ferrying a lot of water for cooking, washing, etc.  They (and
the liter and two liter water bottles also) are light, disposable and
widely available.

Stay flexible.

Greg "Strider" Hummel