[pct-l] Medical Insurance

What to do about medical insurance while on the trail?

ok .. so for anyone who has a job w/benefits including medical insurance,
and they are going to be leaving that job to hike ...
What are you doing about medical insurace for when you
are on the trail?

I've heard that I might be able to pay for my own insurance but
just continue on the same plan I'm on now through work.
This is a part of COBRA and would only last 3 months after I leave my job.
I also don't know how much this costs  (I think it's around $200/month) .. but
it's supposed to be much less than just paying for a personal medical
insurance plan out of pocket.

Does anyone know the cheapest insurance one can get for say major medical
stuff? Is there anything out there for less than $100/month?

Thanks,
Rebecca Williams

Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.amexmail.com/?A=1