RE: [pct-l] Jim Mayer's tuna can alcohol stove

Cool!

I've been hoping someone with some real engineering knowledge would get
interested in this!  And it is very generous for you to credit me in your
title.  I have a feeling that if we traced the genealogy of the design we'd
end up with a hobo hanging out in a switching yard somewhere...  I know I
borrowed from the Trangia design, the "two pop bottle" design and from other
peoples' description of just using a tunafish can!

I wonder when some entrepreneur is going to find him/herself some capital,
hire an engineer, build something like this out of titanium, and sell it for
$150 a pop!  Actually, an aluminum design with a lid that really seals and a
well integrated stand and windscreen really would be worth $30 or so.  I
wish I had the energy!

Two questions:

(1)	You wouldn't be able to take/scan a photo, would you?  I'd love to
see a picture.
(2)	Did your guru have any ideas on an optimal height for the stand?
What height is yours?

In a month or so maybe I'll put a web page together.  We can call it the
"Geritol stove" and confuse everyone!

-- Jim