Re: [pct-l] Poor ol' Kearsarge....

In a message dated 1/19/99 8:52:36 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
bjensen4@juno.com writes:

<<    Sly, the Kearsarge Pass Trail is so heavily-travelled (people jog up
 it in street clothes, tourists wander up a few miles just for the
 heckofit, and it's reputed to be the "easiest" eastside entrypoint) - and
 "heavily-travelled" is almost synonymous with "trashed" nowadays, sigh -
 that nobody savvy expects a Wilderness Experience there anymore >>

I understand, it was only an expression.  But if this is the same area where
the FS takes out the bear boxes and replaces them with "warning posters" what
is accomplished?

My biggest pet peeve is liter on a trail, I absolutely hate it, and wouldn't
have a problem letting someone know my feelings.

Ya, I know, there is no real wilderness experience anymore, but you can't tell
me that!

Sly