[pct-l] warner hotspring trivia

It is a real gut rencher to hear warner hotsprings is just a gas station in
the dessert now. On my hike in the 70,s, warner was like a trip to Mazalan.
They had little cheap cabins that 4 or 5 hikers could pitch in for and a nice
pool to soak  your sore body in. It was like a little reward after your first
4 or 5 days of hiking. BUMMER. Also read about motels in Mojave and Lone Pine.
You could sleep in the park in lone pine with no hassles. ( that was the
policeman advice) Mojave had 14.00 motels or you could just go use a shower
for a buck in a room that someone had checked out of. I was thru this area a
few years ago and can,t believe the build up in the Palmdale Lancaster area. I
guess you can,t go back, things never stay the same. I wish the trail could be
the same as when I hiked it. You just have to live with your memories.