Re: [pct-l] The evolving ice axe & water purification

 Wow..
  It's funny how the world turns..
 I first got interested in rock climbing, which led to my backpacking,
from reading about Crowley, who learned from Ekenstein. And now the
name shows up here after I decide to take on probably (but hopefuly
not) my biggest trek, the PCT, which I've been wondering about Ice
axes about.

 About the purification..stuff(?).. I'm interested in knowing your
results, definitely.

 As far as Ice axes goes; it seems to me that a long axe would be of
less use as it takes more strength to dig a spiked pole into snow and
down to the grown than it takes a spiked fist.
 Maybe I'm wrong on this.

 Discover man,
THETA