RE: [pct-l] Re: TR answer, Tyvek, 1.3 oz nylon

If you want discarded gear. Just head to the Spinger Mtn on the AT
sometime in April. You'll fine discarded stoves, tents, tarps and a host
of things over the next 30 miles to Neels Gap. Looks like the early days
along the Oregon Trail with people shedding all their heavy gear.

		I have no personal experience with Tyvek, but I did see
a Tyvek tarp discarded
		along the PCT last year somewhere just north of Mojave.
My question is, if
		Tyvek is so good, why would a hiker have discarded it?
I've never seen a
		discarded nylon tarp/tent along any trail.

		Charlie Jones<<