Re: [pct-l] Ultra light backpacks

In a message dated 11/19/98 0:13:13 AM EST, margo@tothesummit.com writes:

Let us know how it goes, Roy.  (Re the following.)

<< I just got a Lowe Alpine Contour Mountain 50 that looks impressive for
thru-hikers that want to go light.  2 lb 11 oz, 3000 cu in. >>

The pack was very comfortable and large enough to carry gear for a one-night
snow camp trip at Donner Pass last weekend, but we went pretty light.  Weather
was great, so we didn't carry everything we might need for a longer stay.
Will be going to Yosemite and Mt. Lassen in January.  Those trips will be
better tests.

This pack should work very well for thru-hiking next summer.  It'll be a
challenge to get all the essentials in, but that's the idea, isn't it?