Re: [pct-l] Thru-hiking Food: Love & Hate List

:Do any other thru-hikers have similar lists?

You bet.

:Potential thru-hikers listen carefully:
:DON'T PACK DRIED APRICOTS IN EVERY SUPPLY BOX!

Dried apricots are great -- however, I just ate a couple a day. On the other
hand, it took three years after one long hike before I could *imagine*
eating Ramen again.

On my love list:
oatmeal: preferably with raisins or other dried fruit
mashed potatoes (instant): (with various flavorings to mix in: onions,
garlic, freeze dried sour cream (yum!!), tabasco (yum!!), and, best of all,
cheddar cheese)

On the other hand, my husband *still* can't eat oatmeal without gagging.

Karen
Albuquerque, NM, USA