Re: [pct-l] Film and Olympus Stylus Epic

Mark - I also have a Stylus and it has almost never taken a picture out
of focus, as long as I make sure to put the "X" in the View Finder on
exactly what I want to focus on.

For those that don't know, you can also trick the auto focus into
opening the window for longer and therefore capturing more light in dark
shots.  This is done by holding the button down halfway wihile putting
the "X" in the viewfinder on an object darker than what uou will
actually focus on.  This works best with landscape photos where the
distance is virtually infinity.  I used this technique for taking a
picture of sunrise atop Whitney.  You can see the results at:
http://freeweb.pdq.net/dude1/whitney.jpg

The resolution is not that good becasue it is scanned at 72dpi.

peace,
Dude in TX