[pct-l] Kerosene is safer than white gas

Just writing to add on my comments of Kerosene use. Kerosene has been used for
over 100 years in many  homes for light and heat. YOU CAN burn a kerosene
heater in your front room. YOU CAN,T burn a  white gas heater in your home or
charcoal. You can burn kerosene lamps but not coleman lanterns. use alladin
lamps. All open flame sucks air, but some is safer than others. People use
propane in there 17 foot travel trailers every summer with no problems as long
as a window is open to let in are to burn. The web site on earthquake
readiness claims Kerosene and propane can be used indoors, but NOT white gas.
This makes me think Kerosene should be a little safer than white gas. I for
one cook just  inside my vestibule in winter  while staying in my bag. I was
thinking some people on the list may do the same which would give a slight
edge in fuel choice to kerosene because of possible fumes. Hope I didn,t step
of too many toes. Kerosene=carbon dioxcide vs White Gas=carbon monoxcide. You
may want to check this infor out with an old science teacher.